Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cherry Blossom Sugar Cookies


I finally found a homemade gluten-free flour mix that works, but sometimes, I don't have time (or the energy) to go and sift together 7 flours to create the perfect taste and texture. I'll share this flour mixture in a later post, for those of you that have the time.... but today I want to share my favorite sugar cookie mix with you:

It's the cherry brook kitchen sugar cookie mix: http://astore.amazon.com/wwwsharonglas-20/detail/B000FPDYRQ



This mix never seems to fail me, and believe me, I am picky about my sugar cookies. I don't know about you, but I have to have frosting on my sugar cookies (as if they are not sugary enough. Below is my cherry blossom frosting recipe. Try going to a Japanese or Asian store to find the cherry blossom flavors. You can also just use the juice from cherries, if you aren't close to an Asian Market.

Cherry Blossom Butter Cream Frosting:

1 tsp Cherry Blossom Extract,
1 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla
1 box powdered sugar
1/4 cup goat milk (if you don't mind the taste), or use almond milk.
1 stick butter
Natural pink food coloring

Soften butter, then add in the sugar, and slowly add in the milk. Mix in cherry blossom extract and GF vanilla next. Add in natural pink food coloring if you want the frosting to be pink. You can also leave it white if you like. Then in a big bowl, mix for 3-4 minutes for fluffier frosting.

A few decorating ideas:










No comments:

Post a Comment